General terms and conditions of Obadis GmbH
(The following terms and conditions at the same time contain legal information about your rights based on contract law governing transactions made via e-commerce in accordance with the regulations of the new Consumer Right Directive.)
Information on online dispute resolution:
The European Commission will provide an internet platform for online settlement of disputes (so-called "ODR-platform") in the first quarter of 2016. The ODR-platform should serve as a focal point for out-of-court dispute settlements concerning contractual obligations resulting from online sales contracts. The ODR-platform will be accessible under the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
These standard terms and conditions (AGB) are valid for all sales and deliveries by Obadis to the consumer.
Consumer is every natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that mainly cannot be allocated to his commercial nor his independent professional activity.
2. Contracted partner
A sales contract comes into being with Obadis, represented by the Managing Director Margarete Gauruhn, Johannispfädchen 28, 41836 Hückelhoven, Commercial Register, Mönchengladbach District Court HRB 16580.
You can reach our customer service for any questions, claims and complaints from Monday to Friday, from 8 o’clock am to 6 o’clock pm via phone +49 (0) 2462 – 6090040 as well as via eMail email@example.com.
3. Offers and conclusions of contract
1) The representation of the products in the online shop does not represent a legally binding offer. It represents an invitation for the customer to order. We reserve ourselves changes and mistakes. Please note that sales only are made in customary quantities. We reserve the right to reject orders exceeding the customary quantity.
2) By clicking the button “Kaufen” you are confirming a binding order of all products being listed in your shopping cart. An automated eMail confirms the receipt of your order immediately after sending the order. The sales contract has been concluded when an eMail of shipment advice is sent to the customer.
4. Right of revocation
The consumer is granted the right of return within a period of 14 days after receipt of the goods.
5.Statutory warranty rights
In case of faults in the delivered goods the consumer is entitled to the full statutory warranty rights in accordance with the regulations of the Civil Code.
6.Prices and shipping costs
The prices of the listed products include the statutory value added tax and all other price components. Shipping costs are charged in addition to the listed prices. The amount of the shipping costs is clearly indicated during the order process.
1) Payment may be made by cash in advance, credit card or direct transfer. In case of cash in advance the banking details are confirmed with the order confirmation via eMail and the goods are shipped after receipt of the payment.
2) The right of termination takes effect if your counterclaims have been legally established as final and absolute or if they are beyond dispute or if they have been accepted in wiring on our part. Right of retention only exists as long as the claims result from the identical contractual relationship.
8.Reservation of title
The supplied good remains our property up to the complete fulfillment of all demands. We disagree with the resale of the good before full payment is made.
9.Cost paying agreement
In case of exercising your right of withdrawal you have to bear the regular costs of the return shipment.
10. Application of law
German law is applicable under the exception of UN-buying rights even in case of orders made from abroad.